• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-250SP changes from 4-pass to 2pass

ludwig

Hightec in Print
:wine-smi:I am printing a 2,3 by 5m piece in 4-pass bi-dir, 360-520 mode. Suddenly, after a print lenght of 40cm, the JV3 jumps to 2-pass mode.
I trashed the file and started over again. After a while the machine jumps again to 2-pass. And now prints in stripe mode, light and dark, light and dark.
Trashed the file again. Started now in uni-dir mode with 4-pass. After 1,5m print lenght, the JV3 prints without ink. Heads mooving, no painting at all.

Trashed the file again. Nozzle Test print fine.

Need help.

artbot

this sounds familiar... wondering if it was discussed here or on the jv3 yahoo board. sorry don't remember the remedy.

tbaker

I'm in the same boat, I had this happen to me on my 160sp, I'm sitting here trying to remember what I did to correct the issue.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Cleaned the encoder

I cleaned the encoder and the print was OK for 1 job.
On the next, the jump to 2-pass happened again.
On another job, the machine stopped imaging at the half of the job, like it had finished, did a material feed of about 5 inches, then restarted with 2-pas.
I talked to a Mimaki tech and he said: can be the encoder sensor.

Folks, I will be at the SGIA show in Vegas. Maybe, I can meet some of you guys there.

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Jv3-250sp

Came back from the SGIA. Talked to Mimaki Stuff and they said this is some kind of comunication error. Like the fire wire cable broken or too long.
My cable is realtively new and about 10 foot long.

So, what do you think?