• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3-250SP "Set a cartridge KKMMCCYY"

thinqvisual

I am refurbing this JV3-250 all is going well until . . .

Accidentally selected "Wash" and now the printer is telling me on start-up "InkType Sol-4Color." Then "Set a cartridge KKMMCCYY".

My guess is that it is caught in the wash cleaning cycle and will not move return to normal until the cycle is complete.

I have tried removing the battery, resetting the date and even downgrading to 1.4 as recommended by someone else.

I have a set of unchipped cleaning cartridges and the printer is not recognizing them when inserted. So, I am stuck. Ideas?

On another thread tbaker suggested editing parameters. I am fairly technical and up for it.

Any ideas?

Thank you all.

Bob

artbot

from what i know (which isn't that much) you are stuck. many people, including myself, have been stuck with the same problem. so, you did the wash portion of the cycle? and now it's saying to insert carts?

first off, you don't have to do the cycle at all. you can get some unchipped clear carts just fool the machine into believing you are following orders. unhook your pumps and let the machine pump like crazy (pumping nothing at all). it's better to just clean each line out individually with syringe, homemade cleanging fluid (very strong acetone balance because it's touching nothing sensitive), and a single clear unchipped cart one ink line at at time.

then do the cycles, put in carts empty unchipped carts, take them out, blah blah... then when it says set the carts (you will need chips for each color), set them, let it pump nothing (one note the printer during this phase of the ink fill will track ink usage and believe it has thrown several hundred mils of ink down the drain. this is unavoidable. be prepared for your ink counter to take a hit even if pumping nothing), the printer will think it's all good to go and you can put ink down those lines weeks from now. won't know the difference. when you are ready to ink up the pritner, get a syringe and pull the ink down the lines into the dampers.

thinqvisual

Thanks for taking the time to reply on a weekend, I am grateful.

You would think that the printer would just return to normal like the JV5 does (which I have and love) upon rebooting. At least reloading firmware should restore this thing to a normal state. This is just stupid.

The firmware it is now on is 1.4 so it should not be looking at chips - if I understand the firmware versions correctly. However, when I put in a set of cleaning cartridges it does not recognize them, nor the ink cartridges. Is this weird or what.

Since the printer is asking for cartridges KKMMCCYY does that mean it wants actual ink cartridges or just cleaning cartridges in those slots? Not real sure what state the machine is in.

I am totally stumped on this one. oh, would love the recipe for your cleaning cocktail you have developed. By the way I looked at some of your, let say - creative - use of printers. I sure hope your creativity is returning bags of cash. It should. Well done.

I really don't know what to do next. I am going to try your suggestion by taking the chips off the cartridges and see what I happens.

I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Bob

artbot

i do remember that when the cleaning carts are set, the printer doesn't make a noise, nothing. when they are all in, then i think it goes "beep".

actually i just changed my recipe for cleaning solution the other day. was observing some yellow triangle ink in a small dish and found a more miscable version. three parts butyl cellosolve, three parts butyl carbitol, and one part acetone. at least that goes for triangle ink. actually it would be better if it were 6 parts butyl carbitol 1 part acetone but butyl carbitol is a non-evaporating glycol ether and it needs the cellsolve to evaporate at all. yesterday i was working on my printer and an entire 440ml of home made cleaner got wicked/syponed into the waste. i was like "dang it...that cost me 8 bucks!"

tbaker

PM me, and while I don't suggest an end user ever try messing with their parameters, I will try to help.