• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 250sp

Stripeman

:banghead:
We have a JV3 250 that we bought used. Pretty beat up, but we got it real cheap. Its running 3 head config with 6 colors. After much troubleshoooting and parts replaced, we finally got some decent heads in it and we arent getting anything from the cyan head. Flow is good, and Ive done the data swap to rulle the head out. It looks like this thing has been taken apart by someone who shouldnt have as I have found loose connections causing other print anomalies. We had Kent at macmedia check slider and mainboard a while back, all good. Any ideas????

artbot

so it's in CMYKx2 now, right? ...it's not just the cyan side of the #2 head. it's the entire #3? when you were running the three head config' that third head was pushing lmlc okay prior?

Stripeman

No, we are still in 3 head config. So, just have of the #2 head is not firing. The machine has been idle for probably 2 years and still has V3.1 firmware. Since I dont get any error messages, I am going to upgrade the firmware today. Is the firmware the same for 160sp and 250sp?

artbot

i somehow doubt the firmware would be the same. ...possibly. i've noticed that if i place a dummy paper width line in my printer just one quarter inch wider than 64" in my 160 it will give a media read error. there might also be voltage differences and stronger motors and such to pull much heavier rolls. i'll check around to see what i can find on the latest jv3 250 firmware.

Stripeman

Thanks guys, I got the firmware stepped up to 7.7 and it seems to be ok. I still have no cyan head. Maybe I should go ahead and send the slider off to Macmedia again for another check. When the data cable on the upper corner of the main board was not seated well, both yellow and cyan printed continuously throuough the test print across the media and platten. Once I fixed that problem, everything seems ok, except the cyan. Still no errors!