• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV3-75 SP II Y current error

AnimalG82

I'm having a problem while printing or even when the carriage is coming back into the capping station where I get the Y current error. As the carriage is traveling, I hear a clunking noise and I'm not entirely sure where its coming from. I'm waiting a new encoder strip, but I don't think that is the main problem, so I'm wondering if its a gear or something else. Any insight?

MikePro

that is a y-axis (scan direction) motor error. if you're having mechanical issues (clunking noise), then it may have something to do with the carriage rail or the bushing from the carriage that rides on it.

AnimalG82

What should I look for as far as the bushing goes? I'll look over the rail again to make sure something isn't on it.

MikePro

bushing is just a copper fitting. if there were issues, you would notice dings/scratches on your carriage rail.
i would be concerned with the clunking noise, as the root of your error message. try to track down where exactly it is clunking, and you'll find your gremlin.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
With print head uncapped turn printer off. Move print head carriage back and forth to determine where the noise is coming from..

AnimalG82

I've done that and it of course doesn't make the noise then. I went through and thoroughly cleaned and lubed the rails and made sure the carriage bushings are clean and it seems to be working now. I'm still going to replace the encoder strip when it comes in, but for now I'm just happy its working.