• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-75 SPII Alignment Issues

ICEdesign

Basically whats been happening is our 75 has been being goofy with alignment. I recently did a whole alignment fix and going into service mode and going through the whole 9 yards to realign it because of banding problems. So pretty much this only seems to happen while i am on the rasterlinkproII rip. We also use Onyx. But anyways, whenever i send a print to THIS printer from that rip..the print starts off and after each pass (8pass) it seems as though the print moves about a centimeter to the right. The print always ends up looking like a leaning rectangle rather than a straight one. The media is straight and correctly lined up but it just never wants to print correctly. Sometimes I get a good shot and it seems to work perfectly..but it has definitely gotten worse than before. Any ideas as to why the alignment is off would be great to hear. I cant figure out anything else.

and btw..i triple checked the alignment numbers and everything lines up perfect while in that mode..it just messes up after i start printing with the rasterlink rip to ONLY that printer. The other works perfect with this rip.

Letterbox Mike

clean your encoder strip. Not sure if that will solve it or not, normally it would but I don't know why it would only do this with just one RIP and not the other. Normally a side-stepping print is a sure sign of a dirty encoder strip, but I'm not 100% positive on this.

I agree that the Linear Encoder (aka Encoder Strip, T-Fence etc) or the sensor is the source of this. One RIP may be driving the printer at a faster carriage speed, causing the error to be observed on that RIP only. Solution is the same as described in the previous post - clean the strip and sensor.

Bob