• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-75 SPII funky test draw

AnimalG82

A couple of days I booted up the machine and went through the usual cleaning and all that. Did my test draw and the black and part of the magenta looked pretty strange. I cleaned the heads again and still had the weird draw. Did a head soak and ran some strong cleans and still have the issue. Not sure what it could be that is causing this, I'm kind of thinking the dampers perhaps. Any thoughts?
image1.jpg image.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've never seen a pattern like that. Judging by the fact that it happened all of a sudden and the regularity of the defect, I would lean more towards electronic issues on this one. Check your head cables for ink and debris that may be causing a short. Also look around the terminals where the cables plug into. Have you had any lightening storms or power surges lately? What does a print look like?

AnimalG82

I will double check the cables, I did take a quick look at them and didn't see anything. We've had some storms, but nothing major, and it was fine after those.

AnimalG82

After much delay, finally figured out it was the slider board. Put in a new one and we are back up and running.