• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-75SPii 1440DPI

Kootchy

I have a JV3-75SPii and it claims it can do 1440dpi but all I can get out of it is 720dpi is this a rip problem as I am using Shiraz 6.2 which is pretty old now and my printer is setup for dual CMYK

Any advice would be greatly received

M@CK

I have the same problem on Onyx, cant get the 1440 on my JV3-250SP with the Ultra driver. Sorry I cant help.

The media profiles in the RIP define the available resolutions and print environment. For most sign media and applications, 1440 is overkill, and thus that resolution is not often available in canned profiles available from RIP and media vendors.

Of course, if you have the tools to build media profiles yourself, you will be able to do so at any resolution you choose...

Kootchy

Just bought Wasatch for mimaki edition as spoke to cs rep and they say its supported as shiraz 6.2 lite that I got with the printer is not up to scratch as its quite old.

Kootchy

Got Wasatch today and now the ting is printing pretty much all black with a hint of colour, cant see any option to add use media profiles but have found an option to print in CMYK 1440 dip and dual CMYK 1440.

Anyone got any ideas

gabagoo

It has to be the way the profile is set up as I was printing 1440 x 720 today but could see the high speed option was greyed out....

I use 1440 x 720 when I cant find a match using 720 x 720

Stafford Cox

It is simply down to the profiles in Shiraz. I know for a fact there is a 1440dpi profile available for v6.2, I wrote it myself ;)