• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 alignment

Stat

I have light banding in solid color areas. When trying to align my JV3 it prints out 7 test patterns of approximately 37 lines each. I guess I am to pick the set of lines that are aligned best for each of the seven test patterns then enter an adjustment number.

How do I know what adjustment to enter? The JV3 instruction manual shows a small set of lines and tells you to calculate - or + away from the center line. The center line is easy to identify as it is longer. My seven test patterns do not resemble the example in the manual. The test patters print approximetely 37 sets of lines and they are all the same length with no apparent center. The test lines are not numbered in any way.

fillupc

My JV3 does just as you say. I believe that all of the test patterns are the same, don't know why it prints so many. You need to magnify the lines an then adjust +/- base on dot width. 1.0 moves the width of one dot. I am certainly no expert, but think this is the way it works.

Glenn Robb

A couple of more tid bits about the Print Adjust Alingment.

fillupc is correct. Don't forget to make sure your head height is matched up in your setup menu. If the print head is in the "Thick" position, then make sure it says "Thick" under your correct "Type" setting. When you are in REMOTE you will see which "Type" you are using. This applies the correct group of calibrations to your prints. You can only know which head height you are in my moving the carriage out, loosing the screws, and moving the lever. Tighten the screws down. When you push down on the lever it raises the carriage and when you slightly push up, it will bring it down. Make sure you match up the head height and then run the calibration(alignment) for Print Adjust. I am a long time Mimaki tech and user.

Stat

I have been out of the office for a few days. Thanks for the help. I do have Type 1 and head height set at thick. I gave up trying to print thin, to many head strikes and ink smears.

I am not sure what you mean by dots. I don't see any. I haven't used a microscope, but the test patterns printed out a series of lines. Most of the lines are not lined up. I am guessing I am supposed to choose the set of lines for each test pattern that are lined up the best. Some of the lines are off as much as 1/8" beginning closest to the head. The further from the head on the test pattern, the closer the lines.

Just an extra, What the heck does disway mean?

MikePro

disway wash allows you to flush your drain lines with cleaning solution. I do it weekly, at least, while also cleaning the capping station.

Stat

Thanks for the help. I replaced one head and the printer gives me results I can actually use now.

tbaker

My JV3 does just as you say. I believe that all of the test patterns are the same, don't know why it prints so many. You need to magnify the lines an then adjust +/- base on dot width. 1.0 moves the width of one dot. I am certainly no expert, but think this is the way it works.

the jv3 prints so many to correspond to the different print mode

Find the upper and lower lines that match up most closely together.
Enter each variable in the control panel.

This should be done each time your tech calibrates your printer as a last step.

Beatnik1065

Issues too

I'm having issues as well. Mine seem to be with black and cyan. I'm using an after market ink setup (JVS triangle) on a Mimaki JV3 160s. My magenta and yellow seem to be fine but my black and cyan seem to be fuzzy.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was going to go through and replace all my filters and take a closer look at the pump station to make sure I'm getting a good seal. Worst case scenario I will take the head unit apart and flush the heads but that means my printer will be down for most of the day and it's turning into my busy season.

Also it seems to be worst with Flexi 10 which I just bought. Has anyone else had problems with Flexi and Mimaki?