• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Bi-directional printing issue

Mimaki Mama

I'm printing on a JV3-75 SPII. It's 5 years old. I've done all the work on it.

Recently, I changed the black and Cyan print heads. I re-calibrated print.adjust, media comp, plus ALL the maintenance mode print adjusts. (It took hours! ugh!)

The only reason I did ALL the tests is because the uni-directional prints beautifully. However, the bi-directional is creating a blobby, "melted" look to the print.

Printing uni-directionally is not conducive due to time constraints. I need advice on what setting I may have unintentionally switched to cause this prob.
Thanks in advance.

gabagoo

I know with my jv3 that I can print bidirectional when the heads are on thick, but on thin I can only print uni. I am pretty sure it needs some kind of alignment that a tech can do or is much more complex than the user friendly alignment we all do from time to time.

My machine was origianally set up to print in thin mode (why I have no idea) and when I complained over and over about head strikes they finally came in and told me that after the adjustment I would not be able to print in bi under the thin setting.

Letterbox Mike

I know with my jv3 that I can print bidirectional when the heads are on thick, but on thin I can only print uni. I am pretty sure it needs some kind of alignment that a tech can do or is much more complex than the user friendly alignment we all do from time to time.

My machine was origianally set up to print in thin mode (why I have no idea) and when I complained over and over about head strikes they finally came in and told me that after the adjustment I would not be able to print in bi under the thin setting.

Dude that makes zero sense. Every single thing we run on our JV3 (and our JV33 for that matter) is bidirectional with the head set to thin. Somethings awry with your technician to say the least. Are you sure you don't just need to do a bidir print adjust? You do have to dial that in if you change the head height from low to high or vice versa. But it's a 1 minute procedure tops and you can do it, it's an end-user adjustment.

gabagoo

Dude that makes zero sense. Every single thing we run on our JV3 (and our JV33 for that matter) is bidirectional with the head set to thin. Somethings awry with your technician to say the least. Are you sure you don't just need to do a bidir print adjust? You do have to dial that in if you change the head height from low to high or vice versa. But it's a 1 minute procedure tops and you can do it, it's an end-user adjustment.

so inform me how it is done please, as I cant print bi in low head mode.

cmyimage

Can you post a good close-up picture of what it's doing?

I doubt it's the problem but is the encoder strip clean?

yes, when you want to change the pass, you have to clean the encoder strip and encoder sensor first and then adjust the position of the encoder sensor.