• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Error 23 help!

decalit

Keep getting this error when trying to get a 8' banner printed for a customer... it seems to be happening at different times ( tried 3 times). Checked all the problems listed online and that dont seem to fix it. I checked the connection, the software( seems to working fine), any ideas?

jfiscus

Rap Master
After a quick search online it appears that an Error 23 for a JV3 is a communications error. Start with replacing the firewire cable, then I would suggest that the firewire card in the printer might be going bad, or possibly the one in your PC. If you need a good local Mimaki tech I will send you the info via PM.

decalit

Thanks for the input, I will try a new cable, I already checked to make sure it was connected good. Since it's intermittent I would say it's a card

decalit

Update

Well I got it going again, should have done this first when it was a communication error. Just restarted the printing computer everything worked fine.

MikePro

yeah, could be the card. same issue here, but when away after replacement.
The I/O board was actually the only electrical component on that printer I've ever had to replace aside from ribbon cables.