• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Error 7 Head 7

bmw_ante

I Had a problem with the ribbon cable on yellow head, It accidently came loose/went in crocked in the connector and the printer would not start

Took off both yellow cables and the printer started, so i ordered 2 new cables and installed them

Now the printer turns on but shows error 7 and there is a * on one of the Magenta all other there is a - on

How can this come? Have i fried the magenta head by this accident with the yellow cables ?

Tried switching cables to the new that was on the yellow head but still same error, Tried switching the magenta head cables to the black ports and the black head cables to the magenta head and now there came on a * on one of the black

But are i correct that this testing should proove that it is the head that is faulty and not the slider board?
But now i guess my main board fuses may be blown ? Mayby it is easier to just first measure the fuses så i know if its worth the trouble changing the head?

Does somebody have a picture where the fuses are located on the main pcb?

Last edited:

MikePro

only time i've come across an error involving ribbon cables was when I put them back incorrectly. Accidentally had one of the K and M's flip-flopped at the board and the printer would not start up at all.
I don't think a fried head would cause your issue. Mis-connections at the board will... or a fried board?

I wouldn't be surprised if you've just pop'd a fuse, or need to reinstall your firmware.... if your ribbon cables are indeed in good condition and connected correctly.

artbot

that is definitely pointing to that head and not the board. you've isolated it correctly, using new cables for the data swap. do you have an old electronically good, mechanically bad/clogged head to plug in as a proxy to confirm the diagnosis?

bmw_ante

1.I will try to just reinstall my firmware
2. I will test a mechanically bad head
3. I will measure the fuses (Anybody know where on the main PCB i can find theese?)

bmw_ante

Update ! When i started the machine it again indicated * on the right magenta channel, AND ** on both Yellow :S

HOW THE H*** can it suddenly not recognize the yellow again?

I Guess this is showing me that something else than the heads may be broken

bmw_ante

And another thing, When i change the head to a clogged to test do i have to completly install the head to do this test ?

artbot

no you can just let it dangle. i'd suggest putting some duct tape on it to secure it. if the boot goes well, the head carriage will head off to measure the media and you will want it to sit still for the ride.

bmw_ante

I wanted to chek so that the head fuses on tha mainboard are ok before installing 2 new heads but i can not fint the fuses?

artbot

i'd post the question on the mimaki jv3 yahoo group. there are several people that can answer that question. i once had a tech discuss the location of them but since forgot... evidently they are easy to test (he said he simply tested them with a cheap on/off "beeping" meter from harbor freight.