• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3 ghosting on new print head (feed direction)

barginboy05

Hi we have recently fitted 4 new print heads on our jv3 130 sp2 machine and its printing as new bar of one issue, the black head alignment seems to be ghosting in the material feed direction. How do we adjust this? thanks :)

barginboy05

TEST PRINT 2.jpg TEST PRINT 1.jpg The problem is only on the black, coverage is fine, just repeated / ghosted image. cheers

barginboy05

Yes i guessed that, just not sure how to do it. iv done the the 7 test pattern alignment tests but that has not resolved it. i am asumeing there are some other alignment tests somewhere. cheers

genericname

if its too far forward/back I think it needs to be 'mechanically' aligned (read: by hand, not electronically)

Yup. #Adjust2 will compensate for a bit of it, but that's a substantial amount.

Keep the rear screw loose, and just tighten/loosen the front screw as needed when moving/securing the print head. After you've secured it, boot it up, print a test pattern, and repeat as needed until it's close. At that point, there will at least be a point to doing an X adjustment.