• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 ink swap... Now cant print cyan

Big Blue

Swaped back to Mimaki inks from 11-10 inks... the magenta Black and Yellow all work fine, but the Cyan wont print. I used a syringe to draw the ink to the dampers and filled them up, and they stafy full, the also you can see ink in the lines all the way to the dampers, so I know the ink is present, but when I print a test draw I get nothing at all.... Did the whole cleaning process with the cleaning cartridges first and now I'm having this problem... could I have a clogged Jet, it did sit for about a week waiting to switch inks. Could hit a home run with the Boss If I could fix this myself, instead of calling a tech. Any Ideas as to what I could do, or who I could call....
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

daveb

General Know-it-all
Need to know a lot of things... Is your printer 4 or 6 color. How old is the printer, could one of the pumps be getting old enough that it's not giving you enough suction to draw the ink down, just because you're pulled the ink down into the damper a weak pump may not bring it down into the head.... or the stupid 11-10 ink may have just finished off the head on it's way out (who's idea way the 11-10 ink, yours or the bosses?). A little more info would be great.:cool:

phil braham

Happened to me when I switched from TS inks back to SS1 (both OEM)
I spat it and went home, next morning it was firing and has been since!

michaelmcmurphy

You could try using the syringe on the line between the capping station and the pump. It's happened to me a few times when changing heads.

Big Blue

4 Color, 6 yrs, but not worked too hard... Not sure about the pump, Never had any problems at all before.... Idea was the bosses, wanted to save money... Maybe a dumb question but what does "spat it" mean.

daveb

General Know-it-all
Just my humble opinion... It's about the right age, pumps will get "weak" slowly over time, if the heads, damper and lines are full it works fine and then:frustrated:. Had a problem one time, printer had been working fine and nozzles started dropping in one head, changed the damper and then nothing.:banghead: I pulled the ink into the head through the capping station... nothing, (panic:omg:) change the capping station, still nothing. At the time the machine was 5 years old and I just knew it was the head, tech friend of mine said to try the pump first, :rolleyes: she was right, duh, sometimes it's the simplest thing. Good luck.

kirkbauguess

I have 6 year old roland sc 540. The pumps have little plastic caps on the back of them. If that plastic cap gets a hole in it, you suck air. Check those. Had a tech tell me, that I needed new capping station, when it was just that plastic cap on the back. It looks like the cap that comes on a new plotter blade. You might want to soak the head with cleaning solution. Take a techswab, dip in cleaning solution and hold against the head for about 5 mins. Then put head height on low and run 2 or 3 strong cleanings.

Big Blue

FIXED IT!!!!!!!

I pulled the ink through the lines just before the pump.... Man this thing was down for a week and in no way did I plan on calling a Tech, it became personal after I pulled the ink to the damper and still nothing. so I took off the cover on the back to find my Cyan line leading to the pump to be empty. I grabbed my trusty syringe setup and pilld it right throught, several test prints later and still looks good. Thanks to all that gave me some pionters especially you Michalel Murphy, hit it on the head.... And now It's Beer-30... "Bartender, Sam Adams Boston Lager... Yeah the big one."