• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 issues with losing position

hol

Any thoughts on these pics? We just purchased a new Windows 8 computer to replace an old production computer. Installed a new firewire card (the new computer did not come with one) downloaded the Mimaki Driver that Mimaki sent us for windows 8, and began to print from Flexi Pro .

We produced several great prints - now this. It prints a few inches then goes off track. Encoder strip? Issues with the new PC setup? It takes hours to get the older PC back online or I would switch back to the old computer to eliminate any problems with the Mimaki JV3.

I've got a call in to Mimaki but will not hear back from them until Monday.

JV3_002.jpg JV3_003.jpg

artbot

have you inspected your encoder strip? a strip going bad (scratch, drop of ink) will cause it to drift to the right. drifting to the left and or right, or left only, has to be the encoder reader. also drifting violently to the right will be encoder reader. yours looks like it's getting pretty wild so i might suspect the reader. once i had a single cat hair on my encoder reader lens that drove the printer nuts. i'd do some inspecting and cleaning. to inspect you'll need a business card (white) magnifying glass and a flashlight. go down the strip very slowly looking through the magnifying glass. also i have a special test file that i developed that can point you to the place on an encoder strip that is causing an issue. it's on another hard drive but i can dig it up if needed.

is it related to the change of the computer? maybe (most likely not) it was shorted out during all the poking around the firewire port. the firewire ports on jv3's are super sensitive.

i have a brand new encoder reader that i'm not using if you need something shipped out "pre-monday".

GregS

Encoder strip problem

I also have a problem with encoder strip. I clean it several times but the problem persists.
Can you send me a program that can point to the place of encoder problem?
BR Greg