• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Mobo question

gfxmarty

Hello all, long time lurker and gatherer of info. You all have helped immensely with the ownership of my jv3 130spII over the years.
Now, it seem I was the victim of a lightning strike or power surge, again. First time (years ago) it took out out the firewire card.
I think this time it has now taken out the mobo. The print (ink) just suddenly stops while the printer carries on like normal.
It will also suddenly shift printing off of the media outside the clamp area.
It still continues its cleaning cycles and boots and acts normally. Any ideas?
The mobo is a E400416. Can I use a different mobo? E400306 from a 160 for instance.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It sounds more like the slider card to me, when the MB goes out the machine usually doesn't turn on. But, it could possibly also cause issues like this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
One cheap fix you could try before the main board is to change the encoder sensor out. It seems to be more susceptible to power surges and it can cause the issues you are having. The JV3 is one of the only machines that will continue to run without an error message with a bad encoder sensor.

gfxmarty

I acquired a donor machine yesterday so I switched out the slider card, now I have other issues.
The data cables were a pita and i think I screwed one up. It's kinked now and those damn blue strips that keep it stiff and help retain them in the socket came off.
Started printing random lines along with the graphic. Found the cable was loose in the socket. Now it prints solid all colors that is very heavy.
My luck I probably screwed up the donor card now. Going to get new data cables now since they are original. Hope I didn't screw up too bad.
I will check the encoder in the y motor. I had to replace it once before.

gfxmarty

Okay, I replaced the main 40 pin cables and all is well now.
Gotta be very careful with those ribbon cables.
You were right jfiscus, it seem that it was the slider card, again. I just replaced it last year.
Thanks all for the suggestions. That is what makes this board great!