• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Nightmare, please help

tjsigns

So i have been having trouble with my jv3 since i swapped over to third party inks. I have tried everything from new dampers, pumps, flushed heads capping station etc etc....
So i decided to swap back to the ss mimaki inks i had in the cupboard to see if the inks were the problem.
After i flushed all the lines and heads and primed the lines and dampers, went throught the swapping over from ss2 to ss inks the machine is reading xx when i insert the Y inks. Pull the cartridges out and it reads insert YY. Put them in and it reads insert xx. Ive tried to revert back to the ss2 inks and it is reading the same on them now. What the hell is going on with this printer now. I am now in a posiition where it wont do any sleep cleans etc and face drying the heads. I am totally at a loss.
I had issues with the previous ss2 ink cartridges reading near end when full and changed the chip readers over but the cartridge chips had already been reprogrammed as near end and the full cartridges(all of them) now read empty. I have a spare JV3 printer and am thinking of taking the heads and other parts from this machine and swapping them over as the other machine is 4 years younger. So may have better boards etc. Is this too much or is it worth a try.
I still have the problem with the yellow inks though.

Cheers

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The printers do have a habit of flagging ink cartridges lower and lower and you take them in and out. At a minimum I'd look at getting a set of permanent chips. That way you can always put one on a cart and it will always read as full when you insert it.