• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 parallel communicaton issues

Quix

Hello to all.
I’m repairing a JV3 printer which has a faulty firewire card.
I connected it by the centronics (parallel) port and it works, but while printing it “waits” a few seconds between passes. I assume it has something to do with data transfer speed.
Is this behavior to be expected using parallel cable?
Thank you for your help.

omgsideburns

It makes sense.
How can I check that? Is it set by the printer, or by the software?
Thank you

It's an option on the printer. I'm unsure on the JV3 but on the JV33's interface it's: Function > Setup > Type (choose which user type) > Drying Time .. And then adjust the "Scan" time

genericname

This is a known issue with a parallel connection to the JV3. You can try to set the refresh rate to nothing, but it waiting doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong going on other than a really slow transfer.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That was our experience years back when I had a JV3..... firewire card went out (sent off to Mac Media to get fixed). So we tried running on parallel while the card was out. Quickly realized that was an effort in futility and that the machine was useless connected that way. Well unless we wanted to print 1 van wrap for the next 7 days.....