• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Parts NO More!!

Nuagedesigns

Received a call from Grimco today informing us that Mimaki will no longer be producing parts for the JV3 after October 2014. Is this a push to upgrade or is it the truth? Will people be stock piling OEM parts or will everyone just use third party? I love my JV3 its 8 years old and keeps on running and has been paid for forever.... Hate to have to take on a new machine but hey if the price is right you never know.....

Carry on....

genericname

Heard the same thing from one of our reps almost a year ago. Third party suppliers should have our backs, but they're not going to stock everything forever.

Robert M

Not to worry

From my info the one style of part that may be hard to get are the parts for the old three headed printers. The four headed units will have parts available for another couple of years.

cbh

The JV3-250SP is covered until December 2016, so most parts will be available until at least then.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not to mention the amount of them being parted out due to not longer being economical to fix. The quantities of used JV3 parts on the market (eBay) has exploded over the past few years. Also as mentioned, don't forget that its really a somewhat misleading statement since about 95% of the JV3-250 parts are the exact same and the 250 will be supported for a couple more years. :)

If you are really worried find a machine that has been out of service. The heads will be clogged beyond repair but the rest of the parts should be fine. You can find complete JV3 machines in that state for about a grand. Then you have just about every spare part but the heads.

It's true that some proprietary parts will be discontinued however there are alternative sources for many generic parts (or proprietary designs that were ripped-off by Chinese printer manufacturers). Please check out the range of parts available on our webstore www.onpointinkjet.com

There's plenty of prints left in your trusty JV3 yet!