• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Permanent Fix for Capping station

robracer

Thought I would share these little fixes with you, Our printer is 8 years old & over time quite a few flaws are rearing their ugly head. firstly the capping station top warps over time from the solvents so an easy & permanent fix is to carefully drill the corners & use stainless wire to clamp the top down, it may not look pretty but it works really well. the other fix is there is no adjustment for capping station alignment & we found our heads were not lining up dead centre, it was only slightly out & when I had a look at the mark left on the heads it was quite clear there was an issue with alignment, an easy fix was to place a shim over the stop on the right hand side & problem was solved. obviously this wont work if your capping station has to move in the opposite direction:doh: I haven't had to go there. Hope this helps & sorry if it is a repost but I could not find it with a search.

Attachments

• Mimaki Fix.jpg
    Mimaki Fix.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 126

iSign

only three heads?

oh... I guess it's a 6 color, and mine is a dual cmyk set up, so I forgot 2 colors per head is possible

artbot

thanks! i love the franken-printer stuff. i'm getting together the supplies to put an automatic cleaning system on my sp. maybe in a month when things calm down. i'll post pics. it will allow me to run filtered cleaning solution directly to the heads coming in underneath the dampers. so print and flush with the twist of a knob. like an instant custody wash. the konica/minolta grand format printers have this feature.