• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Print Driver Crash with Flexi

choucove

I need some assistance if you could!

Just today all of a sudden, it seems the print driver between Flexi Production Manager and our Mimaki JV3 has corrupted or stopped working properly. As it was explained to me, today when they attempted to send a print job from Flexi to production manager (as they have done for years now) and select the Mimaki JV3 from the printer list and send it on from Production Manager, the entire Production Manger freezes and the print never sends.

They have tried to reinstall Production Manager and all of FlexiSign Pro 8.1 on their Windows XP machine but it still will not fix the issue. They are able to, however, cut to their Mimaki vinyl cutter, just not the JV3.

Do you know of a quick way of describing how to remove and reinstall the firewire driver within Flexi for the JV3? I have to talk them through this over the phone, so any guide or step-by-step assistance would be greatly appreciated!

RippinPC

Remove the driver within XP, not Flexi. You could just try to reinstall the driver, then setup the Flexi PM connection again.

choucove

We just went through the process of reinstalling the Mimaki printers on XP itself (downloaded the newer version 2.2 drivers from their site) but I found out that wasn't really what the problem was all along. What they said actually is happening is when they go to Rip-Print in Flexi, to go to Production Manager, that the Production Manager screen doesn't even load. You open up the task manager and it shows Flexi and Production Manager in the list of processes but they are both not responding.

So really I need to be posting up this help in the Flexi forum!