• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3 Problem

GARY CULY

men im in a pickle here ,,wanted to check here ,tech man s calling today but you guys might have had this problem

ok ..normal damper change ..unhook hoses ,,screw on new damper ..syrenge ink in to damper till full ,plug it back in hole ...do fill up ink cycle ...go to print..nuhing comming out of them 2 heads .....soooooo,pop off cover ...put old dampers back on .[they were working ,just started getting the streaky a bit ,,on magenta ,,knew it was time for a damper swap] now the old ones wont fire either ....
now almost all things have been check EXCEPT....im wondering if the heads not firing can be an electrical thing ,i.e. where the flat cable deal goes down in that slot on the head ,,does it "plug in" to the actual head under that plastic black cover that hides all the heads? or is there a reset button on the head? any opinions wil be appreciated ....man i love this thing but when something goofy happens it really stops my whole world

BrianH

The flat cable plug in under the black bracket on top of the head. Did you by chance get any ink down there? If you did you could have fried one of the ink channels on the slider or motherboard. There is no reset on the heads.

GARY CULY

thanks brian,,good answer ,,,think least im in ageneral dirction where the problem is ....i run that by tech man .....
one more question ....under that plastic cover [that flat cables go in and shields actual viewing of heads] does that board or whatever PLUGinto the head itself? i.e. could it come apart from head and not be sending firing signals? or they one big unit uder there ,ive never seen just a pic of a head ,,and im trying to find an explode view of the head on internet but with no success ..if i could just see under that thing ,,dang!

thank you for your time

GARY CULY

ah thanks you mobile

since you men are watchiing this post im gonna ask

listen you guys think i should take back off dampers ..lift off plastic cover and see if that sesor/thing has come unplugged from the head itself?
does this seem like it might happened in your mind? or shootin in the dark i come back in 10 see if you guys answer

BrianH

You will need to take both dampers off to remove the cover then the flat cables. Be very careful when reinstalling them. They bend very easy, and you have to make sure they go back in perfect. If you take them off inspect the silver terminals to make sure they all lay flat, and no burn marks. If you see any burn marks you most likely have a really big problem. Please do yourself a big favor and work with caution and think before you do anything that could cause issues. Be very careful with the cable when reinstalling they must be in straight and tight.

GARY CULY

yessir ...i use caution and am very careful ..father has a machine shop ,and have worked on delicate machines in past [just so you know im not a goober]..when i in any doubt i stop...better wait than screw up anything else
much appriciate you taking time to comment ...sounds by your post your theries and ways are valid in my mind

i just really need a picture of what/where everything goes.im damn near sure its a electric problem not sending the signal to head to fire
even with the test print all others are perfect ,just no M

MAN I HATE WHEN A BASIC OPERATION GOES BAD ...DANGITT!

BrianH

Gary,

I just thought about something else that could be causing your issue. When you put the dampers on you may have cracked the head nipples. This is a long shot due to the fact that both magentas are acting up. The head nipples that the dampers go on are very easy to break. It is a mistake that you only make once. I admit I have done it.

iSign

Did you ever think alls you need is a new ink cart?

yes, I one time swapped out a cartridge that was only showing "near end" instead of "ink end" because I just wanted to rule out any chance that it was influencing an issue I was trouble shooting...

...anyway, while I forget now why I had done that, I remember learning the consequence of doing that had been that, after I replaced that "near end" cartridge, I never got the "ink end" notification...

so, when I got a bad test draw, I was looking all over for more serious issues, and later found that I had simply run out of ink. Fortunately I had only printed a few test draws, & didn't get air in lines or any other compounding of problems... but I learned that while it's great to have sensors & digital notification displays... I should never reley 100% on them.