• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-SP2 Test Print FUNKY STUFF!!

Okay, back again.

I did a test print, this is what it looks like.

The left black and right cyan are not firing now. My black looks like a chocolate brown and my grey looks like a pink. When I do a test print, it leaves a black streak through everything and then comes back at a 20degree angle with a black streak.

I'm killing myself trying to figure this out and what it's doing. Anyone seen this before?

IMG_20140910_075925138.jpg

DirtyD

Check the cables that are connected from printheads to the slider board, make sure they are all seated (insterted correctly) not crooked in anyway and that they are in correct order.

the cable on the left side of each printhead goes to the top of the connection on the slider, make sure there is no ink at the terminals of the data cables... make sure printer is off and unplugged when doing this

Check the cables that are connected from printheads to the slider board, make sure they are all seated (insterted correctly) not crooked in anyway and that they are in correct order.

the cable on the left side of each printhead goes to the top of the connection on the slider, make sure there is no ink at the terminals of the data cables... make sure printer is off and unplugged when doing this

Thanks DirtyD! I actually just ordered 2 new ribbons this morning and I'm planning to replace, because I think I did zap one (had machine on while working on it, BIG NO NO obviously). But I did this 2 weeks ago and haven't had any issues until last night when I was printing. Would this cause all of the colors to act all jacked up?

***UPDATE****

Multiple things had caused my problem

PRINT HEAD: my black print head had gone bad, port 1A wasn't firing and drawing ink. (replaced print head)
MOTHER BOARD: mother board had a short and needed replaced (replaced mother board)

Also, replaced the capping station, the ribbons on the black print head, and replaced the black dampers.

It was an expensive day, I'll tell you that much! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away.

DirtyD

Why did you purchase a new main board you can get them repaired by a few places for less than half the cost of a new.. that is what i did.. i used Inkjet Performance.. Had it repaired and returned in 3days