• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Stuck on "INK END"

biljax

Our JV3 is stuck in "INK END" on the #1 Black cartridge. It won't give us the option of "adding remaining ink". We have installed a new cartridge. We have swapped cartridges and the chips are good. We have swapped the black sensor wires from #1 to #2 and the problem "follows" the wires to #2. I was hoping it may be something simple like a reset or ?? and not in one of the boards. Anybody had this same issue or know of a way to trick it out of this???
Thanks!

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Try changing the date back one year.
Although
I suspect its electronic , as you have already tried what I would have done.
Its hard when you are not actually looking at the problem.
Tekkie1:smile:

genericname

Little hint: You'll generally find people more willing to help if you at least go over to the new members' section and introduce yourself first. Makes us feel like you're not just here for one answer and will never contribute.

As for the "ink end" issue, could be that you have paper or other residue jamming the switch sensor inside the cartridge assembly. Should look like a little black gate, about 1/8" in height and width. Could also be that it's broken right off. If you're leery of opening up the printer, take a few cartridges out, and shine a flash-light into each of the cartridge assemblies, comparing what you see to the one that isn't registering properly.

Last edited: