• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Swap Yellow head for Black head?

npcsignworx

Hi Guys.
We have a JV3 160sp.
We recently had a new black head put in by Blueprint Imageing NZ. Perfect test print. Then the following day we get this from the black head.
Is it buggered already? Or could some settings be wrong?

I manually clean the machine every other day. Nozzle wash 3-4 times a week and auto clean a few times a day. I've run various Mimaki printers for 7 years, i know a bit about them. But i've never come across this on a new head. Not static, i've swapped the magenta and black dampers to see what happened there. Definitely in the head or settings.

I can only think theres been a slight head strike on hot ink and burnt the head. There's no scars underneath. But then again i don't know how much printing the ghosts:tongue: do overnight they could have had a mean head strike.

Of course Blueprint Imaging don't want to know because we import our own ink and use it. Have done for 7 years without any problems what so ever.

Is it possible to take out my yellow head which is perfect, flush it, and put it in the black possition and the black head wich is not so perfect in the yellow possition?

Any thoughts would be great :help

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 145
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

npcsignworx

bad seal on the captop maybe?

Should i just switch a cap top over with another colour to see what happens?
I'm not sure this will achieve much, i do think the seal is good and would i not have had at least one good test print after all the cleaning and nozzle washing i've done?

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Hi Guys.

Is it possible to take out my yellow head which is perfect, flush it, and put it in the black possition and the black head wich is not so perfect in the yellow possition?

Any thoughts would be great
:help

Yes U can to try, at least u will know if the yellow then gives u the same results as the black was. Make sure u trurn off the power pull out the mains plug and and then push the green button on again so as to discharge any residue voltage in the power supply before u pull any head cables out!!!
If u dont then you will damage the head:smile:
I still think that there may be an issue with the ink. I have seen this before on a machine that I replaced the heads on twice. Once due to that misfiring and then 2 weeks later for same problem gave the customer the benefit of a faulty head but when it happened a third time another week later I had no choice but to blame the 3rd party ink...sorry:smile: