• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Won't Stop "Cycling" - Won't Turn Off

GettysburgSigns

Normally, after Turning the machine OFF, my JV3 130SPII would stay off for a good while, and then "Wake Up" and go through what I will call a "Cycle".

Recently, it goes through the "Cycling", and REMAINS ON.
Fans Run; Checks Its Inks; Fails to Go Back to Sleep!
If there is still Media in the Printer, it will ask the standard, "Roll" or "Sheet" ^<>, etc., otherwise it just says "Function...", and then it Remains Running - Fans-A-Blazing.

As this happens, the Power Button Glows Green, as if the JV3 is actually "ON", although the Button is NOT Depressed.
It will "ACT" as if it is On - It will Measure the Length of the Roll; Go from Function to Remote; Cycle, etc.
BUT, if I attempt to send a Print File to it in this "Zombie Stage" (neither dead nor alive), the RasterLink Program tells me that there is "No Communication... ", or something similar.
Technically, it sees that the JV3 is not Really ON.
At this point, I need to PUSH the ALREADY GREEN GLOWING Power Button IN, so the Program can actually find the JV3.

Please help me figure this out!

Thanks,
Gene / Gettysburg Signs

GettysburgSigns

In another, possibly related note:
Just recently I replaced both Yellow Cartridges.
Within a few days, BOTH 440ml Cartridges had DRAINED OUT.

Since the Machine won't shut itself down, I had been manually shutting it down at the wall outlet for half a day while I'm out.
Did this somehow cause it to allow the Yellows to drain themselves clean?
As in, would this affect the "seal" of the capping station?

gabagoo

I can't say that I have experienced this although I have come in some mornings and found my mimaki stuck on after a sleep cycle and I think it had something to do with the wiper getting stuck or some such nonsense

artbot

if you turned it off while the pumps were running, or pulled a vacuum at the waste line with a syringe, the next step is to pull the carriage to the left for a few seconds. this will break the syphon between the cap and the head. i had all of my carts go dry, twice, in an hour before i figured this nugget out.