• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3 yello firing all the way it moves !!!!!

shifil_mimak

HII ALL,,,, MY JV3-250 MACHINE FIRING YELLOW ALL THE WAY IT MOVES,,,,,,ON THE TEST DRAW THE LEFT PORTION IS MISSING,,RIGHT PORTION IS OK....
I REPLACED THE YELLO FFC CABLES,,,I REPLACED THE PRINT HEAD,,,NO CHANGE FOUND.
HAVE A LOOK INTO THE ATTACHED PICTURE.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLSE....THANKS IN ADVANCE.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JV3 TEST DRAW.jpg
    JV3 TEST DRAW.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 196

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Before you do anything, turn the machine off and unplug it. wait 15 minutes and then try the following:

Take the head cables out of the yellow head and check them for damage, corrosion, and/or ink on the terminals. If you find anything like that, change the cables. If they look good, check the terminals where they connect for damage (missing connectors/broken connectors) and also for ink that may have dropped down into them. Use air duster to blow away any dust in the terminals and re-connect them to the head and slider board. Run a test. if the problem persists, you either have a bad head, slider board, training cables and/or main board.

shifil_mimak

Plse note that all these was tried,,,,,i already replaced the fpc cable to yellow head & as well as the yello print head,,,,,no change.....
Can u plse suggest any other possibilities,,,,,thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the connection on the slider board where the head cable plugs into. I have seen the connections pop up and cause this issue. In that case a slider board would fix the issue. If you don't see damage on the board, it most likely is not a slider board issue.

Unfortunately, if you have tried everything else, you could have a bad transistor on the main board. The transistor is what creates the signal to the head and if it fails, it usually either stops printing at all or fires continuously just like the problem you are having.

shifil_mimak

Well,,thts sounds cool,,,,anyhow iam waiting for a slider pcb to be replaced,,,i hope it may solve the trouble,,,,
the main board will be the last chance as iam well aware about tht the transistor alone canot be replaced from the main board,,,,thanks :)

MikePro

I'll usually start with a "data cable swap". search these forums for that term and you'll find threads with Artbot's diagram explaining it but it's really simple:
powering-down the machine, and swapping the yellow ribbon cables at the printhead with another printhead and checking to see if the problem follows to the other color.
(basically you're sending yellow-data through another printhead)

my money is on it staying on the yellow head after being swapped, and confirming that you need a new yellow printhead because you've most likely gotten ink in your cable slot.
if the problem follows to the other color, then you know the issue is above the printhead. either in the cables between the boards, encoder strip/sensor, or the slider board or main board themselves.

shifil_mimak

yessss,,,,i swap the yello data to cyan,,and the problem was with cyan,,,half portion of cyan is not firing ,,,,
but here i saw a difference that the remaining portion of cyan is NOT firing the whole way it moves,,,but before the yello does,,,!!!!!! Confused !!!! :(

I'm going through the same issue with my JV3-160sp. I replaced slider board and the stripe happened. I then unplugged from wall and unhooked all strips going into slider board and the heads then hooked everything back up. Now there is not stripe happening but my yellow is nowhere to be seen on the test draw. May be the main pcb board but hoping it is a head. I've replaced all my heads though already. I understand your frustration and will let you know if anything else works.