• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV300-130 Print Head Dropout

NoBull Graphix

Hello. So one of my Heads is loosing its vacuum on magenta only. New captops and all new dampers. All oem Mimaki parts. Oem only ink for the life of the machine. Once lost i can do a clean and basically the print head is back. Once I start to print its gone again. Any help would be nice. Ty in advance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Are you using the bulk system that came with the machine or cartridges? If it's the bulk system you may just need to do an air purge on that mid cartridge. Over time air can get in and throw off the pressure.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Are you using the bulk system that came with the machine or cartridges? If it's the bulk system you may just need to do an air purge on that mid cartridge. Over time air can get in and throw off the pressure.

Thank you for the great information. I have a customer who is using Jetbest refillable cartridges on JV33 - 0 problems but when using the same system on JV300, there would be missing nozzles. Changed back to Jetbest 440ml cartridges. It is back to normal. I will have the customer to try to purge every so often to see if that would resolve the problem. They do 4 passes printing on canvas. Any more information is greatly appreciated.

Solventinkjet How often does the machine throw off the pressure?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for the great information. I have a customer who is using Jetbest refillable cartridges on JV33 - 0 problems but when using the same system on JV300, there would be missing nozzles. Changed back to Jetbest 440ml cartridges. It is back to normal. I will have the customer to try to purge every so often to see if that would resolve the problem. They do 4 passes printing on canvas. Any more information is greatly appreciated.

With the Mimaki bulk system, over the years when you switch out ink bags little tiny bits of air can creep in especially if you are rough with it. Over time the air gets into the mid cart and causes the pressure int he system to not be regulated properly which can cause drop out or even ink spiting out when it shouldn't. I believe part of the maintenance is to purge it once a year or so. It's a closed system which is a lot better than the open systems but does require maintenance.

NoBull Graphix

Throw off Pressure? Not sure what that means. I have it set up to cycle every hour.

NoBull Graphix

How would I go about purging the machine

NoBull Graphix

Just switched Dampers from the good head to the bad head and did a ink fill. Test print looks the same on the bad head. Test print still perfect on the good head. The Bad head is roughly 3 yrs old and the good head is 2 yrs old.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
yes, it comes back then once I start printing it goes away.

Sounds like an air leak somewhere in the system then. Check all of your lines from top to bottom and see if there is any air in them. Unfortunately you can have a leak even if there is no air in them. Usually leaks happen at connections and o-rings. Sometimes the line is kinked and has a split or tiny hole. Any air getting in will cause a color to drop out. Make sure your ink cartridge has ink in it as well. Sometimes they don't flag properly and that will pull back on the system.