Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jv33 130

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by ilevelsign, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ilevelsign

ilevelsign Guest

Hi.
    Got back from Orlando sign expo a couple of weeks ago and was interested in the JV33 130.
    I am currently running an SP300V and was looking to go bigger.I want to keep the sp300v for the print cut operation however i was wondering feedback about the Mimaki.
    I really want to print larger media and kind of got hooked on this machine.
    My questions are: Is the setup user friendly. Does one need the exhaust unit. Compared to the roland eco solvent inks how do the Mimaki inks compare. And finally i hear that the white will clog if not used frequent.
    Oh and one other thing.If i add crop marks using the mimaki can i cut on my GX500 using the crop marks.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. eforer

eforer Active Member

Nov 2, 2006
    The 33s come with a new line of ink I'm unfamiliar with, so I can't attest to the odor. I believe its the same ink used as OE with the JV5.

White ink has been reported to be a disaster at best.

Your plotter being able to detect crop marks is dependent on the cutting plotter not the printer.