• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33 130

I

ilevelsign

Hi.
Got back from Orlando sign expo a couple of weeks ago and was interested in the JV33 130.
I am currently running an SP300V and was looking to go bigger.I want to keep the sp300v for the print cut operation however i was wondering feedback about the Mimaki.
I really want to print larger media and kind of got hooked on this machine.
My questions are: Is the setup user friendly. Does one need the exhaust unit. Compared to the roland eco solvent inks how do the Mimaki inks compare. And finally i hear that the white will clog if not used frequent.
Oh and one other thing.If i add crop marks using the mimaki can i cut on my GX500 using the crop marks.
Thanks

eforer

The 33s come with a new line of ink I'm unfamiliar with, so I can't attest to the odor. I believe its the same ink used as OE with the JV5.

White ink has been reported to be a disaster at best.

Your plotter being able to detect crop marks is dependent on the cutting plotter not the printer.