• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33 160 acting up

Zambookajoe

Ive attached a pic a what my jv33 is doing, its like moving or something then it gets back on track and then prints start off tracking, it will do it once in a while then its fine not sure.

Attachments

• P1010111.jpg
    P1010111.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 110

Case

encoder strip.....the clear strip that runs the length of the printer behind the head carriage.....you have dust, oil or ink on the encoder strip posibly.............clean it off with alcohol............

case

Case

no still in the track, but it smeems like the strip is full of smudges of the cleaning, could that be it

u use alcohol???

don't use the cleaning solution for the printer......

the encoder strip doesn't like finger prints or anything foreign on it:

dust, ink, oil, etc................

case

Case

you could take it out if you wanted to go through the work......make sure you remember how to put it back in and be careful not to bend/crease it and don't lose the spring on the far left side!

case

Case

generally, you only change it on a need be basis...........if it is clean and not damaged, typically you don't have to swap it out...........

i'm sure there are exceptions........

sensor doesn't typically fail...

keeping it clean is important though...

case

Zambookajoe

printing like earlier, printed about 2 feet, do I need to clean both sides of that strip or only the front facing side, I did only the front facing

Case

something could be on the other side as well......ink splatter, dust, oil, fingerprints, etc..........

Case

yeah, it's harder to help without seeing it, but your first pic for sure indicates encoder issue.............i will try to help if i can...

case