• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33-160 head/nozzle removal

Briansos

Greetings,

I have quite a few clogged bars on my black and cyan and my boss wants me to remove the head and try flushing it with solvent. The last time I did this (2+ years ago) I had disasterous results trying to reinstall it. I have a 2 part question reguarding this problem.

1) I tried 'ink fill' and instead of having the tubes connected to the ink, I used some clean tubes and put 1 end on the nipple and 1 end in a new container of solvent. This way the ink fill drew in clean solvent in my attempt to clean out the clogged heads. Would this method have the same affect as trying to use a syringe and manually flushing the problem heads? I did not see any improvement sadly.

2) If I do have to remove the head to manually flush it, what screws do I take out? All I know is last time I tried this, I apparently didn't choose the right screws and after reattach I had problems that required a tech to come down (which I suggessted before this mess, but that's neither here nor there).

Thank you for your time.

gixxer2004

Definitely try the 90 minute head soak like sightline said. I bought a jv 33 that was sitting for a month without cleaner or cartridges. Sightline suggested I do a few 90 minute soaks and it cleared it right up. Actually I do a head soak about once a week and it has been working great!

Briansos

Have you tried a 90 minute or so nozzle soak?

I run a 5 min nozzel wash at the end of each day if I have used the printer.

At your suggestion, I ran a 90 min nozzle wash in the morning and then followed up with another 30 min when I went to lunch.

Sadly, no change at all from test print to test print.

odshawaii

Maybe the cap top isn't aligned properly with the printhead? Also, when was the last time you replaced the pump?

Or maybe faulty black and cyan dampers?

I say check those before disassembling the head.

4R Graphics

You dont have to remove the head to flush it out with a syringe on the JV33. Just run the head over to the left side and open the cover then remove the dampners put a catch container (I like to use a alcohol bottle cut open to fit) under the head then hook up syringe and push the flush through into the catch container.

BIG WORD OF CAUTION the DX5 head in the JV33 is more sensitive to this than the old DX4 heads in the JV3 if you push to hard you will blow out the head membrane between ink channels and then you will need a new head.

If I was you I would not mess with the syringe and just do the 90 min head soak BUT as soon as it starts turn the printer off on the front and the side so that it is totally off and leave sit over night or the weekend then run 1 or 2 hard cleans if it does not clear up then using a syringe or anything else is most likly not going to help and messing with it could cost you a new head right away.

just my 2 cents.