• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33-160 help! cyan bleed everywhere!!

Briansos

Greetings,

I am back for 1 day of work and off again due to a family crisis. One of our machines (which was running just fine when I left) is now bleeding cyan everywhere. A test print shows all clean. Problem might be connected to black and cyan as the bleed is most noticable there. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

bleedy.jpg

MikePro

change cyan ink cartridges recently? could be a bad batch of ink that just made its way through to the head.

otherwise, problem could be static (check your environment for proper humidity/temperature, as this time of the year the air gets really dry)

tbaker

couple things, if ink got changed, change it again, just to make sure.

Run a nozzle wash
Run a strong clean

Check your heater, that actually looks like the heat is turned off

fabio777

did u change the cyan printhead??it could be a problem of voltage of the printhead..or it need to be changed...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This is a JV33 - there is only one printhead. You cannot change just the cyan one. Along with the other suggestions only other thing I can think of is possibly a fiber or something is stuck to the bottom of the head or as mentioned it could be freak massive amounts of static buildup or some freak voltage issue to the cyan portion of the head.

I know the early JV33 were subject to a service call to add an additional bit at the top of the slider assembly due to some of the ribbon cables coming loose. Because of that sort of possibility I'd definitley check all of the ribbon cables to the slider board and head to make sure none are starting to pull loose. If one does or it comes loose in the wrong way you could even be looking at further damage.

If I remeber right the top cover over the capping end of the machine can be removed to inspect the top board over the heads where several of the ribbon cables attach. There is one small external fan connector on that panel that you must be caful of when removing the panel.

did u change the cyan printhead??it could be a problem of voltage of the printhead..or it need to be changed...