• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Ink Performance

Area51Graphix

Hi, People of the mimaki forum, I´m a new member from venezuela :biggrin:, sorry for my bad english je je!

I just bought a brand new JV33-160 for my shop and I´m wonder about the ink performance, I mean how many mt2 can I espect to print with a CMYK load of 440ml cartridge??

I know is relative but anyone has an estimate of cosume per mt2?? :help

Thanks to all the members :thumb: and again sorry for my poor English, bye

It's really not possible to give you a number...printing banners with black and white text would probably use less ink than a full color banner of the same size.

Depending on the rip software you are using you can probably have it calculate the approximate amount of ink a job will take before you ever have to print it. You could run a few jobs through the rip software that represent your normal type of work and get a rough average of how many square feet you can print.

best of luck,
Chris

seaserpent

And . . . depends on your profiles. We drive ours with Flexi using profiles we build ourselves. The included profiles from Flexi put down way too much ink. Real world, we print all day long and run through at least a set or 2 of cartridges of ink each week.

smlaws

If you right click a file in Raster Link III and choose properties, then performance, it will tell you how many cc of each color and total cc used for that file. Not sure how accurate it is as I am using canned profiles rather than custom. Hope this helps.
smlaws

benjercorp

It all depends in what material you print the inks you used, In venezuela Most likely to use a bulk in system with UF from tech ink or Platinum advantage so you're getting the most of it an also what mode you're running....

COREYAARON

Welcome Venezuela,

Congrats on your purchase of a truly exceptional printer. Your usage of cc's for your printing has too many variables to give a number. What rip are you using? Are you printing directly or doing dye-sub? What OEM ink are you using? (ss21, eco, sb51(52))Good luck.
COREY AARON
NEXTWAVE MEDIA SOLUTIONS

Area51Graphix

Thanx guys!!

I'm using Rasterlink 4pro, it cames whit the printer, and using OEM Ink SS21, I'm not using a bulk ink system but I'm thinking about it because the ink cost here is pretty high!!!