• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 160 only 5 out of 8 colors working?

Tourney Services

I have been having issues with our machine. in the middle of a job I noticed color change stopped job did test print noticed light magenta not working tried just about everything nozzle wash, Flushing ink and re-filling, replaced dampers, replaced cap station and still nothing? All 5 other colors working fine? Any and all help will greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

Ruben

TSi Events
480-785-5607
www.tsievents.com

Artgunner

Many thanks for the reply, but have no idea how to get to service menu. I do remember a tech at one time booting up machine while holding down a button. Just don't want to experiment with buttons.

I'm going to figure this mess out if it kills me. These few discussions on several threads seems to be the same problems many users have over and over. If we could get some type of SOP going and stickied, so someone could trouble shoot, that would be great help. Anything above the fairly easy stuff techs are advisable. We have got to stick together or the techs will make mence meat out of our wallets.

Cheers!

mustafade

Sorry, I assumed you knew how to get in to service mode.
Hold function and remote buttons when you turn on the printer.
S ervice related function will be at the bottom. The ones starts with #.
Good luck!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The only other way to open the valves is manually. They are behind the ink cartridges. Remove the 6 screws on the cover on the back of the cartridges area - 2 more screws at the bottom edge of the cover only need loosened. Remove the cover. On the back of each cartridge slot you will see a small selenoid with a lever to a pin on the end of the cartridge - pushing the pin in is open. You can put a peice of tape across to hold a valve open (they are spring loaded to default to closed) or have someone stand there and hold one while you draw ink with a syringe.

On JV33 machines - the clicks you hear at the cartridge end when you start printing are 4 of the selenoids opening valves to the 4 active cartridges (6 if you are running 6 color).