• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 question

EGI

Our shop recently purchased a Mimaki JV33-160, which has "silver" ink. We've been experimenting with this thing, and we've gotten it to print on Arlon 4500 print vinyl no problem. But, when trying to print on Avery MPI 1005 EZRS SC (which is our most commonly used wrap material) the "silver" won't lay down without "bubbling up"...?

We've tried adjusting the heat a little, but hasn't made much of a difference.

Also, all the rest of the print comes out just fine it's just the silver on wrap vinyl.

So, is it possible to print silver on wrap material?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Get some 3M 180CV3? :Big Laugh

Honestly no idea - never tried silver in ours. Just cannot imagine us getting much demand for it.

RJ TECH1

Printer Singing Lessons + Flexi Undergraduate 2001
I would try raising the PRE heat up as high as possible. 50C

EGI

There isn't a huge demand for it currently, because clients don't know it's possible. Being able to design silver (or actually more like chrome) fields into wraps and such opens up a lot more possibilities, so naturally I want to figure this out.

We're going to try and play with the temps some more.

Anyone actually do this before?