• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 suddenly shuts off yellow

ludwig

Hightec in Print
Hi,
I am printing on Mactac printvinyl. 3 tiles, 50" inch wide by 100" long.
When the printer starts the second tile, it prints without yellow.
Stopped the print, 2 min cleaning and continued printing. Nothing happened. Still without yellow.
Checked the dumpers, OK. Checked the ink lines, OK.
Canceled the job, did a testprint, nothing in the yellow.
Cleaning again. Testprint, OK.
New printstart of the same file. It is printing fine.

Any help?

This happened a few times now during the last 30 days. It seems that the printhead shuts off the yellow channels at once and it comes back online when I reprint the file.

I have to do a data clear and restart the job, then the yellow comes back.
Anybody had experienced this?

Last edited:

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
this sounds like ink starvation. the weird thing is its only happening on the yellow. you need to check the dampers under the cover and make sure the yellow is not leaking or clogged. there is a check valve further up the machine that sometimes causes issues. otherwise, i have no idea. . .

artbot

can you get the issue to surface without printing so much (50x100)? seems if it was data related, it'd happen in between prints no matter what the size. i've never heard of a color dropping like this from starvation. sounds to be data related. to bad you can't do data ribbon swaps on that head to rule out some data issues.

papaleguas

I'm having the same problem with CJV30. no failure during printing, but after printing each 10 meters begins to run out a yellow do a cleaning and back.