• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Thermistor/Alarm?

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
O.K. I have another thread right now, but this is a totally different problem, thus a new thread.

I had a broken post heat thermistor so I ordered a new one and it got here today. I got it installed with no issues. So I boot the printer back up and go about setting the temps on pre/print/post heat. As soon as they light up that they are heating a continuous tone sounds and doesn't stop until I set all of them back to OFF.

What would cause this?

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
No, there is no error code. I also checked the ERROR LOG in the settings and there is nothing recent. The last code is from when I didn't have all my ink in like months ago.

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
I come here to hang my head in shame and lift high the dunce cap and place it upon my head.

It turns out that it was not in fact my printer making the beeping sound. It was my UPS that I have attached to the printer shouting that I was overloading it with all three heaters turned on. I learned this after taking my printer half apart and trying to track down the issue. It was only when I got close to the floor adn realized the beep was coming from the side away from the printer that I figured it out.

Here's to feeling dumb on a Friday. I hope everyone has a good laugh at this.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I come here to hang my head in shame and lift high the dunce cap and place it upon my head.

It turns out that it was not in fact my printer making the beeping sound. It was my UPS that I have attached to the printer shouting that I was overloading it with all three heaters turned on. I learned this after taking my printer half apart and trying to track down the issue. It was only when I got close to the floor adn realized the beep was coming from the side away from the printer that I figured it out.

Here's to feeling dumb on a Friday. I hope everyone has a good laugh at this.

We've all been there! Still a happy ending. Have a good weekend!