• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 vs. Value jet 1614

gourami

It seems these two are direct competitors, but what are the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? The price different is about 5,000( Am I right here?).
Jv33-160 @ $15,000 VS. valuejet 1614@ $20,000.

Are they using same print-head?
Both eco-sol

Seems valuejet is a bit faster and with the Intelligent Interweaving Printing Technique, but what else?

We have the plan of purchasing 64" outdoor plotter, Any info to help me make a good decision is needed.:help:

Thanks in advance

BTW, anyone knows the printhead cost for 1614?

eforer

JV33 has one head as well. Same as the JV5 head but 1 instead of 4 staggered. I don't know how Mimaki got the price so much lower on the JV33 vs the JV3, as the 3 was a good 10k more!

k.a.s.

I don't know anything about the VJ, but I have had a JV-33 for about 3 months and it has worked great so far. I would look at what supplier is closest to you and offers the best support.

Kevin

ChicagoGraphics

JV33 has one head as well. Same as the JV5 head but 1 instead of 4 staggered. I don't know how Mimaki got the price so much lower on the JV33 vs the JV3, as the 3 was a good 10k more!

The JV-33 & JV5 do not have the same heads, the JV33 has one head with 8 chanels and the JV5 has 4 heads staggered to make a 4" band.

JV-33 you can use solvent, eco-solvent, and dye based inksets.
JV-5 uses either solvent or eco-solvent

Compilla

The JV33-130 and JV33-160 have the same print head as the JV5 series which has 8 lines of 180 nozzles (total 1,440 nozzles).

There are 4 types ink are available for the JV33 series; SS21 ink including white ink, ES3 ink as solvent inks,aqueous pigment ink and dye sublimation ink.

The ValueJet is Mutoh’s Patented I²: Intelligent Interweaving Printing, that it is a great advantage.
Only uses Eco Solvent Ink & the smart cartriges that I do not think they are that smart.

Both are great machines, all depends on your budget, support, service and your personal judgment.