• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 160BS Firmware

Andrew Signs

Hi All,

Have done a fair bit of searching and haven't quite got to the answer...wondering if anyone know the answer to this.

Currently I have an additional machine a JV33 160BS. As far as I can tell from the threads the BS is is different set of firmware? In the bible were someone has uploaded all JV33 firmware it specifically notes the BS model being different.

Does anyone know or understand why the FW is different, as a JV33 and a JV33BS is the same machine effectively with the exception of ink? What would happen to a BS machine running standard FW?

Also, if it does make a big difference does anyone have 2.20 for the BS?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So the JV33BS just means it uses the BS series ink which is unavailable in the US but available in Europe and Australia as far as I can tell. The Standard Firmware doesn't have the BS series ink as an option so the main issue will be you can't use the BS ink. You would have to switch to SS21.

Andrew Signs

Thanks VanderJ.

Does that mean that a BS machine with the standard FW can run the SS21 ink without any other changes. Is that all there is to it and no physical differences between machines?

Andrew Signs

Hi Terry,

No I didn't. I never could find the fuse referenced above, and I believe maybe the head is gone. I did a full FW and parameters reinstall so function wise the printer is ok. Once I did this in had a HED MEM error which as far as I can tell says the heads fired.

Got busy and kind of left on the side. Im a bit antsy to pay 2k for a new head after the whole mess. Hard to pin point and not keen of spending 2k for it to be wrong!

Forty One

I'll revive this thread.
Anyone able to assist here?
I've been trying to use different firmwares and updating it with FW update tool III, but I'm not hving any luck.

the JV33BS is running FW3