• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-260 - Pinch-Rollers cause lines in dark areas

muelli75

Hi!

There are visible lines in dark areas (and uniform areas) if I print on thick materials (banner and rollup-materials). Please find the picture in this post.
On paper there is nothing to see.

Do you have any answers for me how to prevent this "feature"?

Thank you in advance!

Martin

Attachments

• Photo_PinchRoller.jpg
    Photo_PinchRoller.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 231
Try adjusting the temp on the platen. Sometimes that's fixed the problem on my machine.

You might also have a bad roll of material. I've had a few rolls that despite my best efforts continued to have a similar issue. Eventually I tried a different roll of the same material and the problem went away. The material manufacturer thought there must have been some issue with the plasticizers in the film. Either way they replaced the roll.

Good luck,
Chris

muelli75

Thank you for the tips! Especially the hint to the temperature - may this works. Tomorrow I have to print on the same material again - will report here.

Martin

muelli75

Hi!

Thank you to all responders!

Sorry for my late answer, but it was a really hard time in the last weeks. Today I got the issue again - on thin paper. Now i cleaned the rollers with a liquid for cleaning a letterpress-machine. The stripes are gone. Would now report here - as I seen that gaqiedi postet the solution here a few days ago.

Thanks for support!

Best regards, Martin

Salmoneye

I have had times where I couldn't get rid of it and have had to print with only the outside pinch rollers; That has required me to pre-roll out the media as it printed to relieve tension.

muelli75

Hi!

Getting the stripes again, but only on PVC-Materials. Think those materials having "dust" on it (out of factory). I tried different manufactors, but the behavior is nearly the same. Couldn find this trouble on paper.

Thanks for the hint about printing with only the outside pinch-rollers! Think I have to so today - the stripes appearing again after printing aprox 150 cm. But the banner is 3 Meter long ...

Martin

WestbankKurt

I have had this problem. I have tried cleaning the rollers on my JV3-160SP and tried cleaning the banner material before printing. In the end I wound up switching to a more expensive banner material and the problem has gone away. (knock on wood)

apic

We had the same issue. There was dust on the banner material. (The roller cleaned it during printing.) We wiped off the banner before printing and it solved the problem.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
cleanin alcohol on pinch wheels.

IS A HUGE MISTAKE.
you will dry out the rubber on the wheels. guaranteed.
i have a 130 plotter that i used to watch get the wheels dirty. and a mimaki jv33
solution?
it is a rubber lubricating compond that comes in a can. its made by 3M.
its called "134" (formerly tx134)

your welcome.

Mosher