• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv33 and flexi 10

1robbie

Is there anyone out there using these 2 together? I am getting a new JV33 and am curious how your profiles are set up. Did you create your own or do you use the ones that Flexi has? Any feed back would be great.

thewood

Yes, we are running a JV33 with Flexi 10. The canned profiles in Flexi worked really well with the SS21 inkset. We have since moved on to Triangle Inks and custom profiles.

Arcdru

Flexi is great, however not all ink and machine combinations are supported. We write all of our own profiles. I suggest buying an i1. There are inexpensive and can be used directly in Flexi.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have been running ours with Flexi 8.6v2 and pretty much the same thing as thewood. The canned profiles were good in 8.6 too and we did the same - eventually moved to Triangle and made all of our own profiles with our Eye One. Flexi Pro has a profile creator built into Production Manager - very much worth having an Eye One.

1robbie

banding in Bidrectional

We have a new JV33 and when we print bi-directional we get some bad banding. It does not matter what material we print on or what profile we use. It seems to band when printing bi. Any help would be great.
We are using Flexi 10.
660-679-6422

CS-SignSupply

1robbie - what inkset are you using? Could you post a picture for us to see that might show us the issue you are experiencing?

1robbie

We are using the SS21 mimaki. I will try to post a pic. but a good description is it changes the color slightly when going the opposite direction.I never ran the 3 bi-directional so bought the 33 for the capability but it does a poor job. I'm really wishing I had my JC3 back right now:banghead:. I'm gonna uninstall everything and reinstall everything

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Few things.... head nozzle check 100%? How long since you have run a "Dot Position Correction"? Cleaned around the head, capping station, replaced wiper lately? Have you messed with the feed compensation? Other things could be temperature settings, resolution, ink configuration, ink brand...

We have a new JV33 and when we print bi-directional we get some bad banding. It does not matter what material we print on or what profile we use. It seems to band when printing bi. Any help would be great.
We are using Flexi 10.
660-679-6422

1robbie

the installers just left and the printer is still banding. They print things fine in Rasterlink and it will print great in 720 x 720 unidirectional, non high speed. But why can't it print bi-directional. I am using the icc profiles that came with Flexi 10 for orajet material 3651. :frustrated:

Out There

My CJV30 was doing something similar. I ran a "Dot Position Correction" and feed compensation. Fixed it right up.

You can also perform the feed compensation while printing, if you see some banding going on.

1robbie

I know the installer did the slant test thing, but don't know about "Dot Position". I was busy being frustrated. It prints fine one way then coming back it bands like it is not putting the dots down enough so when it dries it is horrible. I will see what it does in the morning and see if i can find the dot position thing.:frustrated:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Dot Position Correction is a standard thing that you need to run at least once a month or so or if you change to a media that the thickness is considerably changed (much thicker or thinner) or change the head hight. The test pattern burns a little over a foot of material - print it out, then using a magnifier find where the lines match the closest and enter the dozen or so values. Very simple one to do - it's one of the main things under the maintenance menu.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Robbie-

Sorry but I am far too swamped at the moment. I've been working near 80 hours a week for the past 6 months now and it is still not letting up here. I try to hop on here when I get a second or two. Just post any questions you have here and I'll do my best to help when I can pop on for a minute. It's alreay almost 6pm and I still have not even stopped to eat lunch or anything yet today. :(