Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JV33 Banding when printing Red... Ink Starvation Problem??? Dampers??? What?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Simonsafetysigns, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Simonsafetysigns

Simonsafetysigns New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Hi,

We have just replace the head on our Mimaki JV33, all done no problem, printing crystal clear. We primarily print safety signs, so lots of block colours, Red, Blue, Black and Yellow etc. printed fine for the day, following day when printing Red signs, black bands start printing in the Red... all other colours are fine... We are thinking some kind of ink starvation? or damper issue? we have tried ink fills, priming the damper, ink fill ups etc etc. but still when printing Red we get this issue...

Apart from this it is printing beautiful...

Anyone shed an light on this???

I will post some pictures tomorrow morning....

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. cre8edbasslines

cre8edbasslines New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Not much experience with the JV33 but...

my background is in the older style print heads (HP 9000s and Epsons)

The only thing that comes to mind after what you already mentioned is the Voltage.
    Not sure if you can adjust the voltage on the new printhead.

I know that on the HP 9000's after a printhead change you can adjust the voltage to make sure all the nozzles are firing.

my 2 cents.

3. Tekkie1

Tekkie1 Tekkie of Many Things

Apr 27, 2012
    Australia
    Sounds like the cartridge valve is not opening all the way.
    Take off the cover over the cartridges and jam something in between the solenoid lever to open the valve a little more for that colour ,then do some more cleans.
    Have you replaced the Capping station recently?
    In my experience they should be replaced every 8 month's on average.
    Tekkie1:smile:

4. Vital Designs

Vital Designs Vital Designs

May 29, 2005
    Dalls, Texas
    I had the same issue on a JV33 and it ended up being the cap station. If it were me I would replace the dampers and cap station (with oem parts). I chased it for a while including valve and a bad (new/non oem cap top).