• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Banding

Area51Graphix

Hi guys, grettins from Venezuela!! :biggrin:

I hope you can help me with these!

I have a problem of banding when printing orange colors and some covinations of magenta, the weird thing is that in the other colors never happens...

Anyone here knows why this may happens???:help

ast

Its a 'light-dark-light-dark' banding? Or white thin line in.between passes?
I think you need to print a least 8pass to achieve acceptable result.

Area51Graphix

light-dark-light-dark banding!!! I´m going to try 8pass to see if thereany diference!!

thanx a lot ast for your help!!!

P

ProWraps™

all printers band. welcome to the site. and welcome to digital printing. screw with your profiles and heat settings. you will solve your problem/s.

Area51Graphix

I think I'm going to try 8pass maybe because I've try calibrating the feed and nothing.

I'm update when Itry this!!!

thanks guys!!!

Neil

What part of the profiling would cause banding??
I ask because I've just made a profile for Signlab which is every bit as good as the Rasterling profiles but I have more noticable banding with mine.
It's like a lawnmower effect - printing Bi Dir the up pass looks a different color to the downpass.
I'm thinking it may be the drop position?
I remember the tech setting it up but we changed to high head height later...

Morph1

Print all
you can callibrate on the fly, just in case you're not aware of it ...
lot easier than trying to print the useless double pass band, I have my default banding set at 0 and calibrate while I print usually 25 - 45 on a 8 pass... you can determine the amount visually.

P

ProWraps™

its all about the no. of pass you're running on, run more passes.

not always the case. vertical banding has nothing to do with passes. that would be a horizontal banding issue.