• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33 Black Lines In Yellow, Help Please

kevint2005

I have a JV33 and just recently i started noticing my print quality in yellow go downhill. It starts out pure yellow and then about 6 inches into the print black streaks start appearing in the scan direction like banding. I just changed my cap top in effort to fix this but it didn't. Do you guys think this is may be a damper issue or a print head issue? or maybe a profiling issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The first thing to check is the wiper unit. Make sure when the print starts that the wiper is not in the path of the print head. If it is, the head is wiper across it every time it goes back and forth and that would cause the yellow to get contaminated. Also, check the bottom of the head for inkcicles that may be dragging on the vinyl. Also make sure the cap top drains completely after a cleaning cycle. If it doesn't, you need to unclog the pump tubes. If everything looks good, change the dampers especially if they are over a year old. If everything is looking correct, unfortunately the symptom you are describing could be internal damage inside the head which is not fixable without changing the head.

kevint2005

The first thing to check is the wiper unit. Make sure when the print starts that the wiper is not in the path of the print head. If it is, the head is wiper across it every time it goes back and forth and that would cause the yellow to get contaminated. Also, check the bottom of the head for inkcicles that may be dragging on the vinyl. Also make sure the cap top drains completely after a cleaning cycle. If it doesn't, you need to unclog the pump tubes. If everything looks good, change the dampers especially if they are over a year old. If everything is looking correct, unfortunately the symptom you are describing could be internal damage inside the head which is not fixable without changing the head.

Thanks so much Vander, i appreciate the response! t\The wiper is out of the way when printing and the ink doesn't drain instantly after a cleaning but it does fully drain after 30 seconds or so. The inkcicle thing you're talking about might be possible, i'll move it to the left side and check that out and do a thorough cleaning around the head. Thanks again for the help!