• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Black Misfires, Drop Out Help!!!

BoF

One of the things that gets overlooked is the one way valve built into the connector to the damper. This I've noticed (particulary with black) blocks or sticks and this can give you drop out.

Before changing pumps ect. try changing this part.

MachServTech

I have found that capping station pressure and misalignment to be a large cause of these kinds of dropout. Second to that are the connecting tubes below the cap have been loosened or are not forming a good seal. (provided the dampers are in good shape)

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Sure sounds like a cap top issue... Stretch the spring that sits below the cap top to make sure it is applying a good upward pressure.

Check very closely for any flatspots on the cap top (As mentioned before I had a new one that was defective).

Make sure the alignment is good and that when the head seats on the cap top. The little cam is at the peak of the ramp (See attached pic).

Have you switched the dampers between the color that is failing and one that isn't? This is a quick way to rule out the ink train above the head.

Attachments

• jv33 cap.jpg
    jv33 cap.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 107

moyica

My saga continues... I reached out to a local repair company that quoted about $500 labor and parts to come out and replace the entire cap top assembly and pump again with new oem parts. They said that would be have to be done first and sounds like the issue.
So I purchased the items they said would have to be replaced first and installed them. Why pay $300 extra $$$ for them to change out to of the easiest parts to replace.
So the new parts are installed and still the same issue of no black or 1st cyan remains.
Now I have all new oem.. Dampers, Cap and Cap assembly, head electrical ribbon and pump.
It has to be either electrical or the head itself in my eyes.
I made sure to recheck all the capping adjustments and I tried switching the good cyan damper with the bad and it made to difference.
Any final thoughts?