• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Capping Station

stickerman12

Lately my JV33 is loosing nozzles on a test print over the weekend and it takes an hour or 2 head soak to get them back. I'm thinking the capping station needs to be replaced but I do not know the procedure to do this. Can anyone help?
-Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can just change the cap and without changing the pump or slider. Push the cap down and pull to the left and up. Sometimes you have to wiggle it a little to have it pop out. Detach the tubes from the cap. They are friction fit, so you can just pull them off. If they feel like they are starting to stretch, try twisting them off as to not break the tubes. Make sure the third connection to the cap is covered by the blue stopper (this step is very important). There will be three "holes" under the cap. Two tubes go to the holes that are parallel with each other. The third hole that is slightly offset is the one you need to cover with the blue stopper. Now reverse the procedure to put the new cap in. If you need to order a cap top, try us out at solventinkjet.com. We can help you if you run into trouble as well.

thewood

The JV33 capping station is a consumable part. We ran a JV3 for almost 10 years and changed the capping station twice I think. We are changing the JV33 every 6 months (or less).

It is a very simple fix. I would recommend keeping a spare capping station on hand at all times.