• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Double Side Printing

Murray

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully printed a double sided banner product on a JV33 and if so how and what type of banner material is best? Thanks for all your help on my past questions, this forum has been very good to me! :smile:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Matte finish stocks work best but gloss will also work but make sure to let the first side dry a nice long time before printing the second side or it will try to stick to the machine some which can be a severe problem.

I load the material making sure its feeding nice and straight. Then use the up down arrows to jog the material - all I do this for is to mark a known origin point. I then use a pen and make a small mark on the left and right edges right at each edge of the banner stock lined up with the edge of the black strip area on the platen, then hit enter. The other key point is to make sure the printing itself is dead center. Print the first side, let it sit for a half an hour or so to dry enough to release the material handle and back-roll it back onto the roll on the back. Remove the roll and let it really outgas/dry for a hour or so more. Then put the roll back on upside down, load the material nice and straight again, jog the material to line up the marks you made on the backside of the material edges hit enter and print the second side.

Will likely take a mess up or two to get it just right but once you have gotten it down you will be able to them without any problem going forward. We regularly do short runs of pole banners like this using 18oz. Ultraflexx Pole Banner Pro. Always seem to get the jobs because our competitors charge more since they almost all are using twice as much material putting two banners together to make pole banners.

Murray

Thank you for the information, I'll give it a try. My main concern was getting marks on the first side from the traction bar as it feeds through the printer but if you've done it then its obviously not an issue.... thanks again!!!
Matte finish stocks work best but gloss will also work but make sure to let the first side dry a nice long time before printing the second side or it will try to stick to the machine some which can be a severe problem.

I load the material making sure its feeding nice and straight. Then use the up down arrows to jog the material - all I do this for is to mark a known origin point. I then use a pen and make a small mark on the left and right edges right at each edge of the banner stock lined up with the edge of the black strip area on the platen, then hit enter. The other key point is to make sure the printing itself is dead center. Print the first side, let it sit for a half an hour or so to dry enough to release the material handle and back-roll it back onto the roll on the back. Remove the roll and let it really outgas/dry for a hour or so more. Then put the roll back on upside down, load the material nice and straight again, jog the material to line up the marks you made on the backside of the material edges hit enter and print the second side.

Will likely take a mess up or two to get it just right but once you have gotten it down you will be able to them without any problem going forward. We regularly do short runs of pole banners like this using 18oz. Ultraflexx Pole Banner Pro. Always seem to get the jobs because our competitors charge more since they almost all are using twice as much material putting two banners together to make pole banners.

Murray

Worked exactlly as you mentioned ... thank you so much. We did have to take a few stabs at it but we eventually figured it out. The complicating factor was the color bar that we print along the right edge of every print which makes the starting point difficult to predict but we eventually got the calculation correct. I have no idea how to toggle that color bar off and on as it has been on since we first purchased the machine. Once again, thank you for your help!!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Great! The color bar is most likely a function of whatever RIP you are using. I know Flexi has multiple options for things like that.

Another thing to consider - it can sometimes also help to make the second side a small bit taller since the banner stock will stretch a small amount when printing the first side. An eighth to a quarter of an inch sometimes. Depends on the banner stock and how tall the banner is.

Murray

Yes we use Flexi but ive been unable to find the options for removing the bar but Ill keep looking. The material we used didnt seem to stretch but I'll keep my eye on it for sure. I dont know what took me ten years to figure this out but thanks for helping me :smile::smile::smile:
Great! The color bar is most likely a function of whatever RIP you are using. I know Flexi has multiple options for things like that.

Another thing to consider - it can sometimes also help to make the second side a small bit taller since the banner stock will stretch a small amount when printing the first side. An eighth to a quarter of an inch sometimes. Depends on the banner stock and how tall the banner is.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ah. Yes in Flexi its on the Rip and Print screens that come up when you are about to send the job. On the same tab where you select a color profile and resolution. There are a couple of options, one for print marks like margin marks (handy when something has a lot of white edges and is going to be hand cut), and antoher for color bands. Just uncheck it.