• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 dropping colors

tpllc

We just had our head and all 8 dampers replaced..
we are using 4 color
But after running for a little while all of a sudden 1 side of the head stops printing a color.
I think it might be the dampers as they are not full with ink. the are only about a quarter full. If i remember right the old dampers were full to the top of that center circle.
Am i Correct in guessing that the head is running out of ink cause the dampers were not filled correctly?
Any suggestions on how to fill the dampers completely?
I tried ink fill and it dident fill them up.

Attachments

• 20120912_114018.jpg
    20120912_114018.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 224
  • 20120912_114025.jpg
    20120912_114025.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 20120912_114031.jpg
    20120912_114031.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 144

Letterbox Mike

Are those aftermarket dampers or OEM?

We have had issues with aftermarket before, we ended up having to go back to OEM for 3 times the cost, but they work better.

Letterbox Mike

And you're sure they're seated properly with no air leaks? It's not unheard of to get bad dampers right out of the box, even OEM, so you might just have some bad ones. Is any ink spraying at all or is that half completely blank?

Have you tried doing a few more ink fill-ups to see if you can just get some more ink flowing into/through them?

tpllc

We were in the middle of a run and the right cyan dropped out.

Attachments

• 20120912_121719.jpg
    20120912_121719.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 143

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Have you replaced the capping top on the capping station too? Probably a good idea. Almost looks like it is no longer getting a good seal which will cause dropouts as well. The pump is after the cap so if the cap top is brittle or just worn it will not seal as well anymore. Also yes, on a DX5 head with this style dampers they should be near if not totally full.

4R Graphics

Dampners should be full as for filling them I use 2 syringes stick one in the bottom of the 2 dampners (of the same color) open the cart locks and pull ink into one dampner then the other (make sure the dampner is upside down when you are pulling ink into it) then remove the syringes plug dampners back in and relock cart locks.

As for the dropping colors we have had this same problem off and on and cant tell you what the problem is as we could be printing and then BAM no magenta do nozzle check no magenta in one side do a normal clean and its back and print 50 60 70 feet by the end of the day and never see the problem again. Heres is the weird part problem went away (no parts were replaced) for several months then one time and hasnt been back again. No idea what it is.

benjercorp

I seen dampers where much less than half full and still works champ
Must Check top adapter for damper, Print head manifold, the damper itself and the capping ...
That is where the problem is coming from ...
BJ

Out There

My CJV30 runs dampers about 1/4 full and less.

I would also check your ribbon cables that attach to your slider board. One might have come loose. Its a long shot..but it fixed my problem awhile back.

More than likely though it's your capping station.

k.a.s.

My dampers run less than half full. Push the head all the way to the left and push on the damper that isn't firing, if it drips through the head, you don't have an ink flow issue you have a firing problem.

If you have replaced dampers and head, I'd go ahead and try the cap because its cheap but it's prolly the ribbon cables on the slider. I had this problem off and on for MONTHS. We narrowed it down to everything but the boards, my tech put my boards in another machine and they worked fine. All that was left was the ribbon cables, ordered new ones and it has worked ever since. There was nothing ever wrong with my head.

Mimaki said they have now put a foam sponge in the plastic clip that holds those cables in place so that they can't rub against each other, put one in when you replace them.

tpllc

Can you guys recommend anywhere to get the cap top?
The drop out is now happening on the other side as well.
I run 1 test draw and its missing magenta on the left side.
run another test draw and the color is back and the test draw is perfect.
When the color drops its either 100% there or 100% gone

woahdude

Can you guys recommend anywhere to get the cap top?
The drop out is now happening on the other side as well.
I run 1 test draw and its missing magenta on the left side.
run another test draw and the color is back and the test draw is perfect.
When the color drops its either 100% there or 100% gone

i had exact same problem and it was fixed with a new capping station (the gasket part)

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Ditto on the cap
They need to be replaced on average every 6 to 8 months..this is from my expereince.
Also to get the dampers full you need to remove the damper and open the valve of the ink cartridge in service mode and turn the damper upside down while holding the valve button in on the damper until its almost full, then refit and do a normal clean.
Tekkie1:wink: