• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 error 43 Y over current

Graphiki

I was having a problem with my encoder strip.
Replaced with a new one and now I am getting a error 43 Y over current.
I cleaned the rails, oiled, made sure nothing is blocking and blew out all the sensors.
I am still getting the error.

Dice

We had the same error. Mimaki and Grimco recommended replacing the motor as well as the motor pulley.

No more Error after replacing the motor. I think the pulley was an overkill. Parts were $750 and replaced it myself. Not for the faint of heart though.

If you want to limp along for a while you can turn off fast printing. Slow down the printing seems to ease up on the printer a bit and not cause the error.

Dice

Just for specifics, the Over Y Current means that your Y motor (Main Drive) is drawing too much power.

So it's either 1 of two things.

1) Motor Going bad.
2) Something stopping the motor working like normal so it has to put more power into it to keep up.

Rooster

My local Mimaki tech informed me that they've been having a shorter than expected lifespan with the Y motors. Something for us all to keep an eye on. What might appear to be an encoder strip related problem may in fact be something more sinister.

Graphiki

I have a motor and pulley coming in.
Hopefully we get up and running soon.
My supplier is helping me out with printing in the mean time so at least I can get some stuff out.

D.J.

I had the same problem. just recently fixed it after replacing the encoder strip and sensor.
then I replaced the Y motor and both right and left pullys.
still had the problem with Y overcurrent.
My supplier asked me to look at the system paremeters (holding down left and right arrow keys while booting)
I noticed that my comp:Y = 16502
the factory setting is supposed to be -35
did that and i'm back up and running.
this is only for a mimaki JV33-160
I hope this helps anyone.