• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Error 50 media detect

Lizard

I have a baffling situation here.
My JV33 is very low hours...only a half year old.
I printed a job successfully, then changed media and set up another job. When I tried to measure the media for the second job I got an ERROR 50 and that was as far as I got. Tried re-booting and got the same error.
I am really baffled by this...the printer is still on the second set of the original ink cartridges that came with it so it makes no sense to have issues with it yet.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Push the media sensor back down flat into it's mounting hole on the head carriage. probably got knocked loose.... its a little rectangular bit at the very front leaft of the head carriage just to the left of the sheet cutter. Might have to remove the big plastic cover on the head carriage to get to it. Not sure on that - I have not had that cover on ours since close to the first week we got the machine.