• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 - excessive cyan overspray

slopoke

I'm experiencing excessive overspray on my cyan and wanted to see if anyone has any ideas on why. The machine is 4 years old and this was the original head in the machine - so I put in a brand new OEM head (complete with manifold), along with new dampers and a new capping station. After all that, I'm still seeing the overspray and it's getting worse, I've seen it extent .25" past the image if I'm running a heavy blue solid. I'm also experiencing some pretty dramatic ink starvation on magenta and black. Could it be the pump? This machine has run flawless for the last 4 years and runs approx 8-12 hours a day.

Thanks!

Tamara

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It very well could be the pump. At 4 years its probably time to replace it as well. These are very sensitive to pressure changes in the system and a failing pump can definitely create problems. Also need to be absolutely sure the new capping station is properly aligned and sealing to the head right. If that is off you will have problems. I'm assuming the dampers were also properly filled too - on these machines they need to be completely full and you have to go into the service menu and open the ink valves to allow the ink to flow when filling them. Could also be an air leak somewhere too - that would also cause issues. Air leak could be at any of the ink line fittings there at the head or in the fittings behind the cartridge slots.

slopoke

Thanks for the suggestions. I did align the capping station and made sure the dampers were full, so we can check those off the list. I'll replace the pump tonight and double check all the fittings while I'm at it.